Last Updated: 4 May 2018
- ‘this Site’ means the Jigsaw Mix website, at www.jigsawmix.com.
- ‘Personal Data’ means any personally identifiable information such as your name and email address, that can identify you as an individual.
What Personal Data We Collect
- You do not need to provide any Personal Data in order to access and read any of the articles posted on this Site.
- You have the option to leave comments. This can be done without an account, or by creating / logging in to an account. In either case, your name, website URL (optional), email address and comments will be collected and stored on this Site.
- If you leave comments on this Site, remember that your name and comments will be displayed publicly on this Site, but your email address will not be displayed. If you provide a website URL, your name will link back to your website. See Terms and Conditions.
- We use your name and email address to help verify your identity when processing requests to delete comments.
How We Look After Your Personal Data
- We use ‘https’ to provide a secure connection to this Site, which helps protect your Personal Data on its way to this Site.
- Apart from information shown in public comments as described above, any other Personal Data which Jigsaw Mix receives about you, such as your email address, is kept strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone else, unless we are required to do so by law.
- We will not sell or give away your Personal Data to third parties.
- We will not send you junk (spam) emails, and we will not sell or give away your email address to third parties.
- We only use your email address in connection with the administration of your account or comments, and to help verify your identity should you request that we remove your comments or account.
- We may add a newsletter in future, but this will not be sent unless you opt in. We will always respect any requests cancel any such emails.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
- Public comments will be retained indefinitely. However, you can ask us to delete them as described in ‘Your Right to Control Your Personal Data’ below.
- Dormant accounts on this Site will be deleted. An account will be considered to be dormant if nobody has logged in for 2 years. You can ask us to delete your account sooner if you wish — see the next section below.
- Emails we have sent to you or received from you are deleted after two years.
- Deleted Personal Data may still remain in backups for three months.
Your Right to Control Your Personal Data
- If you wish to know what Personal Data we hold about you on this Site, please complete the Personal Data Query form.
- We are happy to correct any Personal Data we hold about you, or to delete your comments and / or account on this Site — simply complete the Personal Data Change form.
- Please remember that dormant accounts and emails will have been already been deleted after two years, as mentioned above in ‘How Long We Keep Your Personal Data’.
- You should be aware that the information in your comments may have already been copied and used elsewhere, even if we delete them from this Site at your request.
- Cookies help make this website work as you would expect. They also help to support this website, by facilitating advertising — see the ‘Advertising’ section below.
- Cookies are not used to collect sensitive or Personal Data without your express permission.
- You can disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. The way to do this will depend on which browser you are using.
- See Adwords Certified External Vendors and DoubleClick Ad Exchange Certified External Vendors for lists of advertising vendors.
- You may opt out of personalised advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
Amazon EU Associates Programme
Jigsaw Mix is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.
- This page may be updated from time to time without notice.
- A summary of the changes is shown at the end of this page.
4 May 2018
- Added information about when emails are deleted.
- Minor corrections.
3 May 2018
- Added information about backups.
2 May 2018
- Rewritten and expanded.
20 February 2018
- First version, in preparation for launch of this site.